Welcome

New on the blog?? Welcome to Black Velvet Shoes!

This is just a place for me to be a bit creative - Mother is an avid fan of blogging and has tried to get me to blog for ages, so here goes :-) - expect rants, raves, reviews... experience the opinions and reflections that is Black Velvet Shoes, or namely, me! (That last line sounds like an ad, I know :-))

Why the odd title, you say?? Well, it took me AGES to think of something to title my blog and anything I typed looked either corny or totally weird. This is the name I settled on. I really like shoes (unfortunately wearing them is another matter) and I have this pair that I'm training myself to wear - yes, that last expression makes me sound like I have training wheels, but seriously, one cannot simply step into a pair of six-inch heels and walk like a model :-) - and they are, of course, black velvet!! So in essence, the name is a wish...

Anyhow, enjoy, laugh, be "OK, that's weird..." - this is *drumroll* Black Velvet Shoes!!

Charlotte T.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Diploma of Nursing - More News!!

Hi everyone,

Now, I'm sure you all thought that the news regarding the nursing bits and bobs was over until I actually started the course.

I am pleased to say that that is not the way of things here (haha) and that you are indeed incorrect (another hehe).

You will, I'm sure, remember my mentioning the Mater hospitals as my next interview. Well, I had the interview and...

THEY ACCEPTED ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! *jumps around room in joy*

We are all sooo thrilled! Mum and I had a small squealing match after I got the phone call - which actually came half an hour before I was supposed to start work (talk about great timing :-)) - and madly rang everyone I could think of to tell them the news. Everyone has been so kind! My grandparents are so pleased they took me out to lunch yesterday and bought a special keyring (Thanks Gran :-) Pa even sang a song on the phone to me. Little dear :-)). My best friend and her family gave me a lovely pink nurses watch (thanks Jess :-)) right before we went to the movies (this is another post entirely. If you have not had the utmost privilege to see The Avengers, you are missing out on the best movie ever!!!) All the paperwork, contracts and hoo-rah has come through, so I am now officially a Mater Student Enrolled Nurse! We are all looking forward to seeing my ID card (with special access, swipe points and everything - why are ID cards so cool :-))

One eeny, weeny downer... I have to have a blood test to make sure I'm immune to various diseases - the traditional measles, mumps and rubella; Hep A (never had that so there's one needle :-() and B; whooping cough, chicken pox (I actually had this one before the vaccine came out. And as you can only catch it once...) and the wunnerful annual flu vaccination. Yes, I know nurses are supposed to be OK with needles, but it's one thing to give them, it's another to have them! Last time I had a blood test, I cried like a baby (yikes) so hopefully I won't this time! If you could all pray that I don't chicken out or cause a fuss that would be very much appreciated. Also that the blood test would not show what I don't want to know too... A personal request, this one is :-).

Must go, gotta get ready for work.

Watch out for the post on Saturdays' movie trip. IT WAS EPIC!!!!

Charlotte T.

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!! *squeals* So excited for you, Charlotte! I will be praying for you as you embark on this new journey! Will you be working full-time? It will be one of the most challenging times and also one of the most rewarding times to finally see all your study and hard work paying off!! :) God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee!! Tis all very exciting!! I will be working full-time, which is about 3 days a week at the hospital/s and the rest of the time is either home study or work :-). So I will be VERY busy! It's really nice to hear from you - apparently someone other than Mother follows my blog :-).
    God Bless,
    Charlotte T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Charlotte! You must be so excited! :D how was the blood test? Hope it went down all right. Haha I want to see the Avengers, but it's so dreadfully expensive here :(
    Gretal

    ReplyDelete