Welcome

New on the blog?? Welcome to Black Velvet Shoes!

This is just a place for me to be a bit creative - Mother is an avid fan of blogging and has tried to get me to blog for ages, so here goes :-) - expect rants, raves, reviews... experience the opinions and reflections that is Black Velvet Shoes, or namely, me! (That last line sounds like an ad, I know :-))

Why the odd title, you say?? Well, it took me AGES to think of something to title my blog and anything I typed looked either corny or totally weird. This is the name I settled on. I really like shoes (unfortunately wearing them is another matter) and I have this pair that I'm training myself to wear - yes, that last expression makes me sound like I have training wheels, but seriously, one cannot simply step into a pair of six-inch heels and walk like a model :-) - and they are, of course, black velvet!! So in essence, the name is a wish...

Anyhow, enjoy, laugh, be "OK, that's weird..." - this is *drumroll* Black Velvet Shoes!!

Charlotte T.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

It's sooo close now....

Counting down the days until my course starts... so excited!

We finally got the orientation email from the Mater - full of goodies and details and more excitement (my favourite word at this very moment :-)). They are providing breakfast, morning tea and lunch on the first day *my chin hits the ground*; the CEO of Mater Health Services, the Head of Nursing & Midwifery and the Head of Mater Private Hospital all give a short speech or presentation (I'll be rubbing shoulders, as Mum says :-)); we get organised into student groups (maybe new friends *yay*); the Mater Volunteer Service is going to give us a tour of the hospital (whether that means the entire complex or just the Private I'm not sure); and there's going to be a scavenger hunt on the second day. Is this going to be fun or what!!!

I have a timetable too (so very official :-)) and I'm even getting to know the bus numbers and routes - the train is OK as I've taken it many times but I've never been on a bus. Weird, but true...

Really looking forward to this!

Charlotte T.

1 comment: