Welcome

New on the blog?? Welcome to Black Velvet Shoes!

This is just a place for me to be a bit creative - Mother is an avid fan of blogging and has tried to get me to blog for ages, so here goes :-) - expect rants, raves, reviews... experience the opinions and reflections that is Black Velvet Shoes, or namely, me! (That last line sounds like an ad, I know :-))

Why the odd title, you say?? Well, it took me AGES to think of something to title my blog and anything I typed looked either corny or totally weird. This is the name I settled on. I really like shoes (unfortunately wearing them is another matter) and I have this pair that I'm training myself to wear - yes, that last expression makes me sound like I have training wheels, but seriously, one cannot simply step into a pair of six-inch heels and walk like a model :-) - and they are, of course, black velvet!! So in essence, the name is a wish...

Anyhow, enjoy, laugh, be "OK, that's weird..." - this is *drumroll* Black Velvet Shoes!!

Charlotte T.

Monday, November 26, 2012

I discovered a new hairdo!!!!!

Hi everyone!!

It's been ages, I know, but I'm finally on holidays :-) for a little while until early December when I go back to the hospital for 2 weeks fulltime!!!

Anywho, you all would have seen those perfect hairbuns around and wondered how on earth people manage to do them - I have, anyway. Well I met up with one of my friends, Renee the apprentice hairdresser :-) (this post's for you :-)) who helped me find the equipment and explained how to do it.

Here's the results!!!



Nice, huh? If I think of it (and if I'm clever enough :-)) I'll do a tutorial!

On a different note, our beloved cat, Duchess, passed away recently. Check your animals for ticks, people. Even if they normally hide all the time, check anyway. You never know. Pooky never went outside and yet she caught one which killed her. She is honoured, though - the first of the family pets with a special burial place in the backyard.

Hopefully more posts soon!

Charlotte T.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for perfect buns! :) I have one in today, actually. They are such a help on bad hair days, frizzy hair days and those rushed days where you need a hairstyle that looks great and stays put the whole day!

    ReplyDelete